Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Yummy cake for the daughter's big 13!

My daughter is turning 13 on Saturday. She was born on Thanksgiving. That was really nice since I did not have to cook that year!! Anyway, it's also kind of a curse since I have to cook for Thanksgiving and I usually have a party of some sort for her around the same time.
   Since we are a gluten free family (and she needs to avoid nuts and dairy), I always bake some sort of goodie to sing Happy Birthday with and serve. It's been brownies the last few years. This year, thanks to an Adopt a GF Blogger that happens every month thanks to Seamaiden at the Book of Yum, I found Thomas from The GFCF Experience. He has a fabulous Jewish Apple Cake recipe that is super easy and beyond good!!! My non-celiac husband said it did not taste gluten-free.


It was extremely moist! It has beautiful layers that show very well if made in a bundt cake pan.


   I made my cake tonight, planning to put it in the refrigerator for Friday. Well, there isn't any left. It was THAT good. So, if you are gluten-free and casein-free, I recommend you check out what Thomas shares.

1 comment:

  1. How cool that your daughter was born on Thanksgiving! (And what a wonderful reason to get out of cooking that day!) I hope she had a perfect birthday, too.
    My daughter will turn 15 a week from Sunday. My only regret is that they grow up way too fast-because I love her to pieces and I will be so sad when she goes off to college in a few years.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete